Links to External Sites
Here are a selection of links to external sites providing deconvolution software, commercial and free. No guarantee is given as to the safety of these sites and no endorsement is made of the products, services or information provided via these sites. No fees have been paid to me by the commercial companies represented here. The purpose of this page is simply to bring some deconvolution software-related sites together in one place for people interested in deconvolution.
FREE Deconvolution software
- ImageJ A Java-based image processing platform from the NIH (US). Can accept many plug-ins including deconvolution, some of which are listed below.
- Iterative Deconvolution Iterative Deconvolution in 2D for ImageJ by Bob Dougherty.
- Iterative Deconvolve 3D Iterative Deconvolution in 3D for ImageJ by Bob Dougherty.
- Deconvolution Spectral/Iterative/HRRT Deconvolution in 2D and 3D for ImageJ by Piotr Wendykier.
- Colour Deconvolution Colour deconvolution of Ruifrok and Johnston ('stain separation' or 'spectral unmixing') as implemented by G. Landini for ImageJ. If you use this, why not consider comparing your results to those obtainable with the BiaQIm IP Suite programs StainSep and SpecSep?
- DeconvolutionJ An ImageJ plugin that implements deconvolution based on a Regularized Wiener Filter by Nick Linnenbrügger.
- Image Surfer A free 3D imaging suite to visualize and analyze multi-channel volumes. This uses the free Clarity Deconvolution C/C++ library from the University of North Carolina.
- Motion Deblur Image deblurring by a novel algorithm by Qi Shan, Jiaya Jia and Aseem Agarwala of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- UnShake Blind deconvolution of photos affected by poor-focus or camera-shake by M.D. Cahill.
- IRIS Astronomical image processing software by Christian Buil. Implements Lucy-Richardson, van Cittert and maximum entropy deconvolution as well as many other processes.
- GRIP Software by Graham Relf. Implements van Cittert deconvolution as well as many other processes.
- LASIP Blind Frequency domain blind deconvolution in multiframe imaging using anisotropic spatially-adaptive denoising for MATLAB version 6.5 or later from the Tampere University of Technology, Finland.
- UnBLur A deconvolution program (claimed to be applicable for images of arbitrary dimensionality) by John Costella.
- Deconv This link is to an article abstract describing the software: Sun Y, Davis P, Kosmacek EA, Ianzini F, Mackey MA. An open-source deconvolution software package for 3-D quantitative fluorescence microscopy imaging. J Microsc. 2009 Dec; 236(3):180-93.
- TriaDemo Tria is a program by Dr James Caron of Quarktet and incorporates the SeDDaRA deconvolution algorithm. The demo version is free but has save functions disabled.
- SAR The SAR Image processor has least squares and least absolute deviation methods implenented by Steven A. Ruzinsky. The free version is limited by having save and print functions disabled.
Commercial Deconvolution software
- Voxengo Deconvolver by Aleksey Vaneev provides 1D deconvolution for sound files. There is a demo version available - the demo version does not support batch processing and is limited to 3 deconvolution operations per program's session.
- Focus Magic from Acclaim Software Ltd for 2D de-blurring of photographs.
- Huygens deconvolution software for 3D microscopy from Scientific Volume Imaging.
- AutoDeblur from Media Cybernetics for 3D microscopy includes blind deconvolution.